- Demonstrated leadership in safety principles is essential
- Full time position within the grain industry
- Utilise your supervisory skills
About the role
The Site Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the management of grain receivals, storage and out-turning at our Grain Storage Site in Elmore. Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be responsible for planning, supervising, directing and leading of employees and contractors at the site. Your focus will be on the day-to-day supervision of employees to ensure the efficient and safe operations of the site and assisting the Site Manager with all the grain storage and handling processes and functions, including quality compliance. This is a hands-on role where you will lead by example and train staff (up to 35-40 staff during peak periods). The site has bunkers and bins.
- Ensuring all safety policies and procedures are followed
- Ensuring quality compliances procedures are followed and standards are maintained.
- Maintaining equipment
- Training staff about site procedures
- Providing customer service to both internal and external customers
- Planning site activities to minimise costs and maximise efficiency
- Ensuring all stock storage principles and procedures are applied at all time
- Classifying grains and ensuring that the grains are stored and handled in accordance with standards and the company’s policies and procedures
The Site Supervisor needs to be able to assume the responsibilities of Site Manager at various times during the year.
Essential skills and experience:
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in supervising and motivating employees
- Time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
- Strong focus on safety and customer service
- Appreciation of quality standards
- Mechanical aptitude
- A current drivers’ license is essential
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience and understanding of the grain industry including grain husbandry, hygiene, weed control and bunker tarp management.
- Licences/tickets in the following areas:
- Confined Space
- Fumigation Certificate
- Non Sluing Crane Licence
- Working at Heights
- Chemical Users
Salary & benefits
Emerald Grain is a company dedicated to building a high-performance culture. The right candidate will be provided an attractive remuneration package plus bonus, along with the opportunity for development and promotion.
About Emerald Grain
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
Emerald Grain has a grain accumulation footprint in all key agricultural regions of Australia. Through its network of offices across regional Australia it has relationships with nearly 10,000 farming families, providing its customers with unrivalled access to quality Australian grains, pulses and oilseeds. It is also one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria.
Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to destinations across Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific, and last year achieved a record 1.4 million tonnes of throughput. Emerald Grain is also part of the Quattro Ports consortium, which has built a new grain export terminal in Port Kembla.
Across Australia, Emerald exports grain to more than 35 countries worldwide. In February 2014 Emerald became wholly owned by Sumitomo Corporation. Sumitomo’s offices in 66 countries gives Emerald and its customers unrivalled access to a range of grain consumers throughout the world, particularly into rapidly growing markets in East and South Asia.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.