- Safety and staff leadership is essential
- Previous experience in the Grain Industry is required
- Opportunity to build a team and use your knowledge and skills
About the role
Reporting to the Victorian Regional Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading and developing a team to achieve strong results in all key areas of site management, including safety, budget performance, grain stock management, customer service and relations, asset management, people management and site presentation.
- Ensuring all safety policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Managing and developing staff
- Managing the site budgets and financials to ensure they are met or exceeded
- Providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Planning site activities to minimise costs and maximise efficiency
- Ensuring all grain stocks and assets are managed and maintained at all times
- Classifying grain & oilseed, and ensuring that all is stored and handled in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures
Essential skills and experience:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A strong focus on safety
- Prior experience in the grain industry, in a leadership role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Experience in supervising and motivating employees
- Time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Understanding and experience in budgets and driving financial performance
- Expertise in grain storage and pesticides and fumigation procedures
- Mechanical aptitude
- Prior responsibility in asset management
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office suite)
- A current drivers’ license is essential
Salary & benefits
Emerald Grain is a company dedicated to building a high-performance culture. The right candidate will be provided an attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience. The position also includes a fully maintained vehicle.
About Emerald Grain
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
Emerald Grain has a grain accumulation footprint in all key agricultural regions of Australia. Through its network of offices across regional Australia it has relationships with nearly 10,000 farming families, providing its customers with unrivalled access to quality Australian grains, pulses and oilseeds. It is also one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria.
Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to destinations across Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific. Across Australia, Emerald exports grain to more than 35 countries worldwide.
Emerald Grain is wholly owned by Sumitomo Corporation. Sumitomo’s offices in 66 countries gives Emerald and its customers unrivalled access to a range of grain consumers throughout the world, particularly into rapidly growing markets in East and South Asia.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.