- Demonstrated leadership in safety principles is essential
- Full time positions within the grain industry
- Utilise your supervisory skills
About the role
The Site Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the management of grain receivals, storage and out-turning at our Grain Storage Site at Werneth. Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be responsible for planning, supervising, directing and leading of employees and contractors at the site. Your focus will be on the day-to-day supervision of employees to ensure the efficient and safe operations of the site and assisting the Site Manager with all the grain storage and handling processes and functions, including quality compliance. This is a hands-on role where you will be leading by example and training staff (up to 35-40 staff during peak periods). The site has bunkers and bins.
- Ensuring all safety policies and procedures are followed
- Ensuring quality compliances procedures are followed and standards are maintained.
- Maintaining equipment
- Training staff about site procedures
- Providing customer service to both internal and external customers
- Planning site activities to minimise costs and maximise efficiency
- Ensuring all stock storage principles and procedures are applied at all times
- Classifying grains and ensuring that the grains are stored and handled in accordance with standards and the company’s policies and procedures
- The Site Supervisors need to be able to assume the responsibilities of Site Manager at various times during the year.To be successful in the role, you will have:
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in supervising and motivating employees
- Time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
- Strong focus on safety and customer service
- Appreciation of quality standards
- Mechanical aptitude
- A current drivers’ license is essential
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience and understanding of the grain industry including grain husbandry, hygiene, weed control and bunker tarp management.
- Licences/tickets in the following areas:
- Confined Space
- Fumigation Certificate
- Non Sluing Crane Licence
- Working at Heights
- Chemical Users
Salary & benefits
Emerald Grain is a company dedicated to building a high-performance culture. The right candidate will be provided an attractive remuneration package plus bonus, along with the opportunity for development and promotion.
To apply for the position:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.