- 12 month maximum term contract within the grain industry
- Prior experience in a logistics role is preferred
- Strong customer focus
- Demonstrate ability to use industry specific software – such as Grainsmart.
About the role
Reporting to the Logistics Manager of Emerald Grain Toowoomba, you will be working as part of a team who are responsible for coordinating the logistics functions for the movement of grain in Queensland and Northern NSW. The team needs to ensure that the contractual obligations in the execution of all physical contracts (purchase and sale) are successfully completed.
You will assist management in maximising the effectiveness and efficiency of all Logistical Services (Logistics Support, Grower Payments, documentation etc.), through continual improvements to each function as well as maintaining communication between the support and trading functions within Emerald Grain.
This is a maximum term contract of up to 12 months.
- Planning and executing the logistics to ensure all contractual obligations are met
- Reviewing customer deliveries.
- Maintaining freight rate information
- Recording and maintaining key customer data
- Participating and contributing to the Safety, Health & Environment initiatives
- Identifying improvements to the logistics systems and procedures
- Improving the operation efficiency and effectiveness
- Working with the Logistics Manager and Trading team to identify arbitrage trading opportunities
- Liaising with stakeholders and customers on a daily basis
Skills, experience and competencies:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous experience in a logistics role, preferably within the grain industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong focus on customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs and preferably, previous experience with Grainsmart
- Strong numeric skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Salary & benefits
Emerald Grain is dedicated to building a high-performance culture. The right candidate will be provided with an attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience.
About Emerald Grain
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
Emerald Grain has a grain accumulation footprint in all key agricultural regions of Australia. Through its strategic joint ventures and wholly-owned local brands it has relationships with nearly 10,000 farming families, providing its customers with unrivalled access to quality Australian grains, pulses and oilseeds. It is also one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria.
Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to destinations across Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific. Across Australia, Emerald exports grain to more than 35 countries worldwide.
In February 2014 Emerald became wholly owned by Sumitomo Corporation. Sumitomo’s offices in 66 countries gives Emerald and its customers unrivalled access to a range of grain consumers throughout the world, particularly into rapidly growing markets in East and South Asia.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.