- Full time position in Grain industry
- Prior experience in a logistics role is preferred
- Strong customer service skills required
About the Role
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will be part of a team who are responsible for coordinating, planning and managing transport logistics for the movement of grain through the Melbourne Port Terminal & throughout Australia. This is a customer facing & fast paced role within a small team so excellent customer service and communication skills are essential. The Role will be initially split across two locations our Terminal at Melbourne Port and Head Office at Richmond.
- Plan all Rail and Road Receivals bookings to meet client requirements and within budget
- Achieve maximum road receival capacity by planning efficient road and rail receivals
- Working with a wide range of road/rail carriers & clients and providing excellent customer service
- Collaborating with Melbourne Port Terminal & Head Office team members to plan efficient receivals for both bulk and container exports
- Assisting with identifying improvements to the logistics processes and procedures
- Assisting with identifying arbitrage opportunities
- Working closely with road and rail logistics team members and up country site managers, and assisting in Trade execution as required
Skills, experience and competencies:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous experience in a logistics role, preferably within the grain industry,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong focus on customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft office program
- Strong numeric skills
- An understanding of the grain industry
Salary & benefits
Emerald Grain is dedicated to building a high-performance culture. The right candidate will be provided with an attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience.
About Emerald Grain
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
Emerald Grain has a grain accumulation footprint in all key agricultural regions of Australia. Through its strategic joint ventures and wholly-owned local brands it has relationships with nearly 10,000 farming families, providing its customers with unrivalled access to quality Australian grains, pulses and oilseeds. It is also one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria.
Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to destinations across Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
Across Australia, Emerald exports grain to more than 35 countries worldwide. In February 2014 Emerald became wholly owned by Sumitomo Corporation. Sumitomo’s offices in 66 countries gives Emerald and its customers unrivalled access to a range of grain consumers throughout the world, particularly into rapidly growing markets in East and South Asia.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.