- Strong focus on safety is essential
- Full time position within the grain industry
- Opportunity to develop and use your skills
About the role:
The General Hand is part of the small team of staff working at our grain storage site at Goolgowi. You will be responsible for assisting in the day to day operations of the site which includes operations relating grain receival, storage and out-turning of grain. Reporting to the Site Supervisor, you will perform tasks and assist in the leading and directing of small work team during our harvest period.
- Following all policies and procedures.
- Performing all operational tasks for the receival and outturn of grain.
- Performing pre-start inspections on equipment
- Operating equipment at site
- Hygiene activities
- Bunker tarp inspections
- Weed Control
- Providing customer service to both internal and external customers
- Assisting in Stocktaking
- Leading small teams during harvest period and during other periods as required.To be successful in the role, you will have:
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong focus on safety
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in working in an operations team
- Time management skills
- A flexible and adaptable attitude
- Strong focus on customer service
- Appreciation of quality standards
- Mechanical aptitude
- A current drivers’ license is essential
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience and understanding of the grain industry including grain husbandry, hygiene, weed control and bunker tarp management.
- Licences/tickets in the following areas:
- Confined Space Entry
- Fumigation Certificate
- Medium rigid or higher truck licence
- Working at Heights
- Chemcert certificate
- First Aid accreditationEmerald Grain is a company dedicated to building a high-performance culture. The right candidate will be provided an attractive remuneration package along with the opportunity for development and promotion.
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We’re committed to enhancing our high performing teams by developing a skilled workforce and encouraging diversity of thought, background and experience. As we believe this strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and the communities we operate in.
We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices.The right candidate will be provided an attractive remuneration package plus bonus, commensurate with experience.
About Emerald Grain:
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide predominantly across destinations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.