- Full time position as a Leading Hand within a 24/7 shift environment
- Utilise your experience in leading an operational team
- Experience in grain industry highly regarded
About the role:
Emerald Grain has an exciting opportunity for right person to join our team at our Melbourne Port Terminal in West Melbourne in a full time Lead Hand position.
Reporting to the Operation manager this successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the management of a variety of operational duties relating to the receival of grain, loading of bulk vessels and the out-turning of grain via containers.
The main focus of this role will be on the day-to-day supervision of employees to ensure the efficient and safe operations of the site.
This role will be shared with one other leading hand, and you will work on a rotating shift (morning and evening) basis, leading a team of up to 35-40 staff on a 24/7 basis for most of the year.
Your ESSENTIAL skills, experience and qualifications:
- Proven hands-on experience in a supervisory/leading hand type role gained within agriculture, industrial manufacturing, material handling, mining, or similar industry
- Senior control room operator/process plant operational experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to listen and learn from those around them
- Time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to developing, supporting and engaging a team
- Sound computer skills including MS Office
- Strong approach to Safety and OH&S requirements
- Appreciation of quality standards
- A current drivers’ license
Your DESIRED skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experience and understanding of the grain industry
- Mechanical aptitude
- Grain classification experience
- Licences/tickets in the following areas:
- Confined Space
- Fumigation Certificate
- Working at Heights
- DAFF & MSIC certification
- Forklift license
- An ability to work at heights and within confined spaces
- Medium rigid licence
- Higher truck licence
The successful candidate will be have strong leadership skills and be an experienced senior plant operator. You will be able to demonstrate a flexible and adaptable attitude with the capability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently. You will have a strong approach to Safety, a keen work ethic and the ability to work well in a team environment.
We’re looking for someone with good behaviours, who are able to build positive and productive relationships and are self-managing and enthusiastic.
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We are committed to enhancing our high performing teams by developing a skilled workforce and encouraging diversity of thought, background and experience. As we believe this strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and the communities in which we operate.
We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be offered competitive rates and benefits.
About Emerald Grain:
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide predominantly across destinations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.