About the Role
We are seeking a talented and driven Senior Accountant to step into a challenging but rewarding role in our Finance department, where your work has great visibility across the global group. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the completion of all daily commodity accounting processes including daily profit and loss reporting for the Trading and Marketing business. You will also be responsible for the month-end ledger reconciliation processes and monthly financial statements.
What you key responsibilities will be:
The responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to the following:
- Completion of all daily commodity accounting processes, including daily valuation and review processes for contracts and inventory; commodity & FX derivatives valuation and accounting; price validation; cost accruals and provisioning for key cost items (e.g. fees and charges, logistics).
- Accountability for production, review and analysis of daily profit and loss report (Daily Gross Margin)
- Production of reliable, accurate and timely financial accounting information for Trading and Marketing business in line with monthly financial reporting deadlines.
- Month End Reporting and Reconciliations
- BAS’s, FBT and PAYG
- Addressing ad hoc business requests
- Working closely with internal teams including Trading & Marketing, Logistics, other Finance staff and Sumitomo Business Unit and Corporate Divisions
- Mentoring and training junior accounting staff
You will have the following profile of skills and experience:
Due to the diversity of this role, business complexity and international relationships we hold, the successful applicant must have had previous experience with derivatives and working with multi-currency companies.
You will also have:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce or finance and be CPA/CA qualified
- Significant experience in a Corporate Accounting role
- Ideally you will have experience in a bulk commodity business preferably in the grain industry
- Proven technical accounting knowledge gained from a large/complex corporate environment, reporting according to IFRS standards
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office suite), particularly excel
- Knowledge of SAPB1 and/or SMARTsoft ERP packages preferred
- Experience in meeting period end reporting deadlines including a daily reporting cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a focus on business acumen
- Detailed orientated approach
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the centre of everything we do. We are committed to enhancing our high performing teams by developing a skilled workforce and encouraging diversity of thought, background and experience. As we believe this strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and the communities in which we operate.
We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be provided an attractive remuneration package, along with the opportunity for development and promotion.
To apply for the position:
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please click ‘APPLY NOW’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.