- Full time position based in West Melbourne
- Completive Rates + Overtime + Company Vehicle + Phone + iPad + Uniform
- A Grade LICENSED ELECTRICIAN – Maintenance, Repairs & Installation
About the role
Emerald Grain has an exciting opportunity for right person to join our team at our Melbourne Port Terminal in West Melbourne in a full time Maintenance Electrician position.
Reporting to the Asset & Maintenance Manager, the role is responsible for the electrical maintenance of Emerald Grain’s new and existing assets and equipment including our Melbourne Port Terminal at West Melbourne and less regularly, the maintenance of our assets and equipment at our Country storage sites in Victoria and NSW. The work is varied and there will be the opportunity to provide input and feedback on the maintenance plan.
You will be responsible for:
- Undertaking planned and preventative electrical maintenance works with some minor capital works
- Analysing, diagnosing and repairing faults in critical plant and equipment
- Inspecting all Electrical systems and equipment to identify hazards and defects to ensure compliance with Australian Standards
- Working safely in accordance with Emerald Grain’s safety principles
- Assisting in the development, maintenance and use of safety systems within the maintenance department
- Registering work orders on the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Working closely with the maintenance team and supervising peers and contractors when needed.
- Inducting and working with contractors and other external service providers
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Current “A” Grade electrical licence
- Extensive experience with control systems – OMRON, UNITY PRO (Schnieder), Allen Bradley PLC’s
- Previous experience with Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) – ideally MEX
- Ability to read and understand both simple and complex electrical drawings
- Strong focus on Safety and OH&S requirements
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- The ability to self-manage and complete allocated work in a safe and efficient manner and to a high standard
- A current drivers’ license
- The ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experience and understanding of the Grain Industry
- An ability to work at heights and within confined spaces
- Cert IV in Electrical – Electronics and Control
- Experience with conveying and ship loading systems
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We’re committed to enhancing our high performing teams by developing a skilled workforce and encouraging diversity of thought, background and experience. As we believe this strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and the communities we operate in.
We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be offered competitive rates and benefits, a company car, a mobile phone and iPad.
To apply for the position:
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please click ‘APPLY NOW’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter.
Please note that you