- 8 month maximum term contract within the grain industry
- Prior experience in a logistics role is preferred
- Strong customer focus
- Demonstrate ability to use industry specific software – such as Grainsmart.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager – North, you will be working as part of a team who are responsible for coordinating the logistics functions for the movement of grain in Queensland and Northern NSW. The team needs to ensure that the contractual obligations in the execution of all physical contracts (purchase and sale) are successfully completed.
You will assist management in maximising the effectiveness and efficiency of all Logistical Services (Logistics Support, Grower Payments, documentation etc.), through continuous improvements to each function as well as maintaining communication between the support and trading functions within Emerald Grain.
This is a maximum term contract of up to 8 months.
- Planning and executing the logistics to ensure all contractual obligations are met
- Reviewing customer deliveries
- Maintaining freight rate information
- Recording and maintaining key customer data
- Participating and contributing to the Safety, Health & Environment initiatives
- Identifying improvements to the logistics systems and procedures
- Improving the operation efficiency and effectiveness of the logistics team
- Working with the Emerald Grain North team and Trading team to identify arbitrage trading opportunities
- Liaising with stakeholders and customers on a daily basis.
Skills, experience and competencies:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous experience in a logistics role, preferably within the grain industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong focus on customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs and preferably, previous experience with Grainsmart
- Strong numeric skills
- Excellent organisational skills
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We’re committed to enhancing our high performing teams by developing a skilled workforce and encouraging diversity of thought, background and experience. As we believe this strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and the communities we operate in.
We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices.The right candidate will be provided an attractive remuneration package plus bonus, commensurate with experience.
About Emerald Grain:
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide predominantly across destinations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.