- Degree qualified and CPA or ICAA or working towards it
- Prior experience in bulk commodity accounting preferred, ideally in grain
About the Role
We are seeking a motivated Commodity Accountant to work within our Finance department. The position reports to the Financial Controller and will work closely with the Senior Accountant to ensure that all daily commodity accounting processes including daily profit and loss reporting for the Trading and Marketing business are completed. The successful candidate will also assist in the preparation, review and analysis of the monthly financial reports for the Trading and Marketing business unit.
What your key responsibilities will be:
The responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting with the completion of all daily commodity accounting processes, including daily valuation and review processes for contracts and inventory; commodity & FX derivatives valuation and accounting; price validation; cost accruals and provisioning for key cost items (e.g. fees and charges, logistics).
- Assisting with preparing , reviewing and analyzing the daily profit and loss report (Daily Gross Margin)
- Preparing reliable, accurate and timely financial accounting information for the Trading and Marketing business in line with monthly financial reporting deadlines.
- Completing month End Reporting and Reconciliations
- Developing and implementing processes which improve efficiencies and accuracy of accounting processes with the business.
You will have the following profile of skills and experience:
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have :
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce or finance and be CPA/CA qualified
- Prior experience in a Finance Role
- Membership of a professional accounting organisation (e.g. CPA or ICAA)
- Ideally you will have experience in a bulk commodity business preferably in the grain industry
- Proven technical accounting knowledge gained from a large/complex corporate environment, reporting according to IFRS standards
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills (MS Office suite), particularly excel
- Knowledge of SAPB1 and/or SMARTsoft ERP packages preferred
- Experience in meeting period end reporting deadlines including a daily reporting cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a focus on business acumen
- Detailed orientated approach
- Good communication skills
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the centre of everything we do. We are committed to enhancing our high performing teams by developing a skilled workforce and encouraging diversity of thought, background and experience as we believe this strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and the communities in which we operate.
We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be provided with an attractive remuneration package, along with the opportunity for development and promotion.
About Emerald Grain:
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide predominantly across destinations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.