- Strong focus on safety is essential
- Full time position within the grain industry
- Opportunity to develop and use your supervisory skills
About the role
Emerald Grain has an exciting opportunity for right person to join our team at our Elmore Site in a full time Leading Hand position.
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, you will assist with leading and directing employees and contractors at the site, You will also assist with the management of grain receivals, storage and the out-turning of grain at our Elmore Site. Your focus will be on the day-to-day operations and guidance of employees to ensure that the policies and procedures, particularly in relation to safety, quality, staffing and asset management are followed.
- Ensuring all safety policies and procedures are followed
- Ensuring quality compliances procedures are followed and standards are maintained
- Assisting with maintaining equipment
- Assisting the Site Supervisor in training staff about site procedures
- Providing customer service to both internal and external customers
- Assisting in Stocktaking
- Following all stock storage principles and procedures
- Classifying grains and ensuring that the grains are stored and handled in accordance with standards and the company’s policies and procedures
- The Leading Hand needs to be able to assume the responsibilities of Site Supervisor at various times during the year
Essential skills and experience:
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Similar experience gained within agriculture, industrial manufacturing, material handling, mining, or similar industry
- The ability to listen and learn from the team
- Time management skills and the ability to complete tasks within a set time frame.
- Demonstrated commitment to developing, supporting and engaging a team
- Sound computer skills including MS Office
- Strong approach to Safety and OH&S requirements
- Appreciation of quality standards
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
- Strong focus on customer service
- Mechanical aptitude
- A current drivers’ license is essential
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience and understanding of the grain industry including grain husbandry, hygiene, weed control and bunker tarp management.
- Grain classification experience
- Licences/tickets in the following areas:
- Confined Space
- Fumigation Certificate
- Non Sluing Crane Licence
- Working at Heights
- Chemical Users
- Medium rigid licence
- Higher truck licence
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We are committed to enhancing our high performing teams by developing a skilled workforce and encouraging diversity of thought, background and experience as we believe this strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and the communities in which we operate.
We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be provided an attractive remuneration package along with the opportunity for development and promotion.
About Emerald Grain
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide predominantly across destinations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
To submit your application please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.