- Customer facing role based in Moama
- Servicing the western and north-western region of Victoria
- Full time role with a tool of trade vehicle
About the role
We currently have a vacancy for a Grain Merchant who will be servicing both western and north western Victoria. Reporting to the Regional Manager – Emerald South East, you will be responsible for providing grain marketing services to grower customers and domestic end-users. You will be responsible for servicing an existing customer base as well as developing new relationships within the grain industry with the aim of acquiring targeted grain volumes.
The successful candidate will have experience in the grain industry and excellent customer service and relationship building skills. You will be self-motivated and focussed on achieving results. A current drivers’ licence is essential. Ideally, you will be tertiary qualified in an agricultural discipline.
- Implement the Emerald Grain Grower Service Model
- Develop excellent customer relationships with growers and record all interactions in Salesforce
- Acquire tonnage volumes in line with strategy
- Analyse and report on key metrics regarding production and selling behaviour
- Maintain a strong understanding of the relevant market factors and conditions affecting the grain industry on a daily basis.
- Manage the grain contracting process with customers
- Demonstrate an alignment to Emerald Grain’s core values of Service, Knowledge and Commitment
Essential skills, attributes, experiences and qualifications:
- Previous experience in a client facing role in western and /or north western Victoria
- Strong empathy for and knowledge of the Victorian cropping sector and communities
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills including MS Office, Grainmate and Salesforce (desirable)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships and influence decision-making
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to ensure data is correct
- A Current driver’s licence is essential
- A tertiary qualification in an agricultural discipline is preferred.
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the centre of everything we do. We are committed to enhancing our high performing teams by developing a skilled workforce and encouraging diversity of thought, background and experience as we believe this strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and the communities in which we operate.
We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be provided with an attractive remuneration package, along with the opportunity for development and promotion.
To apply for the position:
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.