- Casual positions as a Terminal Operator within a 24/7 shift environment
- Strong focus on Safety and teamwork
- Opportunity to diversify and broaden your skills
About the role
Emerald Grain has multiple roles for Terminal Operators / Industrial Plant Operators / Grain Classifiers / DAFF officers to join our team at Melbourne Port Terminal in West Melbourne on an ongoing casual basis.
Reporting to the Terminal Operations Manager, the successful candidates will work on a rotating shift basis working mainly from Monday to Friday with the possibility of some weekend work.
These are varied roles and require operators to demonstrate a flexible attitude and perform a variety of operational duties relating to the receival of grain, loading of vessels and the out-turning of grain via containers.
To be considered for this role, you must have following skills and experience:
- Experience working in the grain industry or similar manufacturing/materials handling environment, though we are open-minded to a range of experiences
- Control room operator/process plant operational experience
- Proven excellent leadership skills
- High level of ‘mechanical aptitude’
- Excellent team work skills and ‘can do’, flexible attitude
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated with a desire to learn skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong approach to Safety
- Strong computer skills including MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The following qualifications are also highly regarded but not essential for the successful applicants:
- SCADA system software experience
- Grain classification experience
- Forklift license
- Medium rigid licence
- DAFF & MSIC certification preferred
- High risk licences including EWP, CN (non-slewing crane licence)
- Experience in a laboratory or other quality control setting
- Work at heights and confined space tickets
- Trade qualified as an electrician or fitter
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We offer rewarding careers, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be offered competitive rates, penalties and benefits, also free onsite parking and the opportunity to join a stable and loyal team.
We will provide the successful candidate with a uniform, all required PPE, and opportunities for ongoing training and certifications required to perform your job effectively and safely. We’re also proud to provide genuine growth opportunities for our people to take on more responsibility, allowing them to develop their career, if desired.
About Emerald Grain
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide predominantly across destinations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Due to the requirements of the site, all applicants must be able to pass a police, drug and alcohol test.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.