- Strong focus on Safety and teamwork
- Proven Leadership skills and ‘can do’ attitude
About the role:
Emerald Grain has an exciting opportunity for right person to join our team at our Melbourne Port Terminal in West Melbourne in a full time Terminal Operator position. Reporting to the Terminal Operations Manager this role is responsible for performing a broad range of operational tasks relating to the safe and efficient receival of grain via road and rail, loading of bulk vessels and the out-turning of grain via containers.
To successfully perform in this role you will need to work well within a team but also it is essential for you to demonstrate proven leadership and communication skills. You will also be expected to exhibit strong computer skills, and the ability to work under pressure and multi task, as you will be responsible for operating a computer based control room program which remotely controls all operations of the site. Elements of this role are also physical where you can be expected to lift, climb and perform some manual handling tasks.
The successful candidate will be able to commit to shift work as this role will include 8-12 hour shifts on day, afternoon and night rotating roster, as well as being available for occasional weekend work.
To be considered for this role, you must have following skills and experience:
- Experience working in the grain industry or similar manufacturing/materials handling environment, though we are open-minded to a range of experiences
- Control room operator/process plant operational experience
- Proven excellent leadership skills
- High level of ‘mechanical aptitude’
- Excellent team work skills and ‘can do’, flexible attitude
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated with a desire to learn skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong approach to Safety
- Strong computer skills including MS Office
- Open drivers’ license
Non-essential Skills and Experience but highly regarded:
- SCADA system software experience
- Grain classification experience
- Forklift license
- Medium rigid licence
- DAFF & MSIC certification preferred
- High risk licences including EWP, CN (non-slewing crane licence)
- Experience in a laboratory or other quality control setting
- Work at heights and confined space tickets
- Trade qualified as an electrician or fitter
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We offer rewarding careers, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be offered competitive rates, penalties and benefits, also free onsite parking and the opportunity to join a stable and loyal team.
We will provide the successful candidate with opportunities for ongoing training and certifications required to perform your job effectively and safely. We’re proud to provide genuine growth opportunities for our people to take on more responsibility, allowing them to develop their career, if desired.
About Emerald Grain
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide predominantly across destinations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the requirements of the site, all applicants must be able to pass a police, drug and alcohol test.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.