About the role
This newly created position will be based at our Export Grain Terminal located in West Melbourne. Although this role will be primarily based in West Melbourne, it will have duties and responsibilities for the whole of the business which will include some travel to our regional storage sites and head office which is located in Richmond. The role reports to the General Manager Operations.
The successful candidate will lead, foster, support and develop all aspects of Health Safety and Environment (HSE) and be responsible for developing and promoting the company’s HSE policies and procedures. This is a hands-on role and it is essential that you are able to engage and work with employees, contractors and third parties, show leadership/ initiative and have the ability to effectively coach and mentor both the Leadership and Operations Teams.
Your key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Coaching the Leadership Team to effectively undertake Safe Observations and Safety Walks
- Maintaining the Corporate HSE Salesforce platform and use data to analysis emerging trends
- Focus on developing a strong and sustainable safety culture through effectively coaching and mentoring
- Training staff in all company HSE policies and procedures
- Maintaining, developing and reviewing of company’s HSE policies and procedures
- Advising management of any changes to HSE legislation
- Conducting regular audits to identify opportunities of improvement
- Performing yourself and mentoring others to undertake regular hazard identification activities
- Execute corporate Safety strategy and manage site based environmental management plans
You will have the following profile of skills and experience:
- Previous experience in HSE, ideally within heavy industrial or large scale manufacturing environment.
- Proven coaching and mentoring experience
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships will all members of the team
- Previous experience in process change management
- Tertiary qualification in OH&S or other related fields or work experience Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Initiative and the ability to work unsupervised
- Current Drivers’ licence
- Experience with a behavioural based approach to Safety
Desirable skills and experience:
- Certificate IV in workplace training & assessing
- Line management experience
- Experience in the Grain Industry or other bulk commodity industry
- Previous experience with formal complex equipment isolation protocols
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the centre of everything we do. We are committed to enhancing our high performing teams by developing a skilled workforce and encouraging diversity of thought, background and experience. As we believe this strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and the communities in which we operate.
We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be provided an attractive remuneration package, along with the opportunity for development and promotion.
About Emerald Grain:
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide predominantly across destinations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.