Emerald Grain is a company dedicated to building a high-performance culture.
Emerald Grain is seeking applications for harvest Country Operator positions across its country network in Victoria and Southern NSW. Positions may be available from early October and through to January and training will be undertaken prior to commencement.
Opportunities exist in grain classification, weighbridge operation and tasks associated with general labouring at country sites.
About the roles
Reporting to the Site Manager, the country operators are responsible for assisting in the safe and efficient operation of the receival, storage and outturn of grain during the harvest period. This is a varied role and requires operators to demonstrate a flexible attitude towards shift rosters and a strong customer focus.
Positions are available at the following locations:
- Follow all safety procedures
- Complete all duties as directed
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
Skills and experience:
- Strong focus on safety and customer service
- Good verbal communication skills
- Follow instructions and learn new skills
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to apply quality standards
- Ability to take responsibility and lead small work teams would be advantageous
- Mechanical aptitude would be highly regarded
- Experience and understanding of the grain industry including grain husbandry, hygiene and bunker operations would be advantageous
A current drivers’ licence is preferred
To find out more about Emerald Grain, visit www.emeraldgrain.com (http://www.emeraldgrain.com) To apply for a position please complete the following steps:
- A separate application is required for each location
- Please complete the Harvest Country Operators’ Application Form and the pre-employment medical question online
- Attach your resume and submit your application via the online form (http://emeraldgrain.com/careersapplication/)
For more information, please contact the Site Manager at the respective site.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have working rights to apply for this position.