- Exciting opportunity for an experienced office-based logistics coordinator, or a recent Agriculture Science Graduate
- Join one of the major grain marketing and supply chain businesses in Australia
- Richmond Location – Parking Onsite – Great Staff Benefits
About Emerald Grain:
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide predominantly across destinations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
About the Role
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, you will be part of a team who are responsible for coordinating, planning and managing transport logistics for the movement of grain throughout Australia. The role also encompasses the management of country logistics at Emerald Grain Sites and booking of trucks into our Melbourne Port Terminal. This is a customer facing & fast paced role within a small office-based team, so excellent customer service and communication skills are essential.
- Coordinating Road and Rail logistics for domestic and export accumulation in a least cost method
- Ensuring all contracts are delivered in full and on time
- Working with a wide range of clients and providing excellent customer service
- Managing the logistics at a number of country based sites
- Entering truck slots into the truck bookings system & sending time slots to carriers
- Assisting with identifying improvements to the logistics processes and procedures
- Assisting with identifying arbitrage opportunities
- Liaising with stakeholders and customers on a daily basis.
Skills, experience and competencies:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong focus on customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft office program and preferably previous experience with Grainsmart
- Strong numeric skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrated previous experience in an office-based logistics role OR a high level understanding of the grain industry
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices.The right candidate will be provided with an attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com.
To apply for the position:
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.