About the Role
We are seeking a talented and driven Accountant to step into a challenging but rewarding role in our Finance department. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for assisting with the comprehensive accounting services for all of Emerald’s divisions; Supply chain, Trading & Marketing and Corporate Finance including maintaining the integrity of the general ledger data by ensuring all reconciliations are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
The responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting in completion of month-end reporting including transactional processing, preparation of accurate and timely reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts and review of AP processing to ensure correct expenditure coding across GL accounts.
- Assisting with production of Daily P&L and validation, daily transactional processing, monthly balance sheet reconciliations and monthly management reports.
- Maintenance of all aspects of the fixed asset register including interface with GL and preparation and distribution of the monthly CAPEX reports.
- Reconciliations of accounts receivable/payable balances between divisions.
- Addressing ad hoc business requests.
You will have the following profile of skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce or finance and be CPA/CA qualified.
- Demonstrated technical accounting knowledge gained from either an audit background or a mid/large corporate environment.
- Membership of a professional accounting organisation (e.g. CPA or ICAA).
- Experience in end-to-end management accounting processes.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office suite), particularly excel.
- Knowledge of operational processes used in a commodity business such as freight and logistics, inventory and contract management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a focus on business acumen.
- Detailed orientated approach.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
Desirable experience and knowledge:
- Experience in a bulk commodity business.
- Knowledge of SAPB1 and/or SMARTsoft ERP packages.
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the centre of everything we do. We are committed to enhancing our high performing teams by developing a skilled workforce and encouraging diversity of thought, background and experience. As we believe this strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and the communities in which we operate.
We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be provided an attractive remuneration package, along with the opportunity for development and promotion.
About Emerald Grain:
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide predominantly across destinations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.