About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for managing the day to day operational accounting function including the preparation of all financial and management reporting for the company. The role has responsibility for leading the Accounting team to provide a broad range of essential financial management deliverables including board reports, budgets and forecasts, tax compliance, group consolidated results, statutory accounts and internal control management.
You will also be responsible for delivering a suite of accurate, reliable daily financial information which underpins daily risk reporting (including a daily P&L).
Skills, experience and competencies:
You will possess a finance, accounting or business undergraduate degree, extensive post qualified experience and be a member of a professional accounting organisation (e.g. CPA or ICAA).
- Comprehensive technical accounting knowledge gained in a large/complex corporate environment
- Subject matter expert on financial instruments, including valuation, settlement mechanics and accounting treatment
- Extensive experience in meeting period end reporting deadlines
- Track record of ensuring all compliance, regulatory and audit activities are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong time management skills in conjunction with attention to detail and strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Skills in managing teams of financial professionals to meet high technical standards and strict deadlines, and guide and encourage professional development
- Understanding of key business profit and risk drivers
- Knowledge of key end-to-end business processes
- Policy development and process improvement skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills gained through interaction with senior management
- Experience overseeing transactional systems to ensure they are configured and maintained to the standard required for accurate and efficient processing
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the centre of everything we do. We are committed to enhancing our high performing teams by developing a skilled workforce and encouraging diversity as we believe this strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and the communities in which we operate.
We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be provided with an attractive remuneration package and other benefits.
About Emerald Grain:
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide predominantly across destinations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.