- Full time position in Grain industry
- Excellent communications and customer service skills required
- Knowledge of the agricultural sector and in particular the grain industry will be highly regarded
About the Role
Emerald Grain has an exciting opportunity for right person to join our team as a full time Grower Services Officer at our Moama Office.
The Grower Services Officer provides support to our Growers and Origination staff in relation to contract management and communication with growers and customers of Emerald Grain on a day to day basis. You will also be part of the team who are expanding our digital communication services and providing contract management services.
The successful candidate for this role will have extensive internal and external customer contact via the telephone so excellent customer service and communication skills are essential as well as strong IT and digital communications skills and administrative capability.
- Providing administrative support in creating and managing grower contracts
- Assisting with the administration of title transfers
- Receiving enquiries and resolving issues in relation to grower payments
- Assisting with Grower warehouse stock enquiries
- Entering and reconciling information into grain management computer systems and Salesforce
- Assisting with the off-farm delivery to payment process
- Providing expertise in digital communication tools
- Taking and processing telephone calls from growers (both inbound and outbound) as well as the Melbourne Head Office reception calls
- Administration duties for the Moama Office including managing mail, couriers, travel arrangements, filing.
- Assisting with the collection and collation of information from a variety of sources that affect the grain industry, such as crop production, weather, supply and demand forecasts
Skills, experience and competencies:
To be successful in this role ideally you will have:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent telephone skills and customer-service skills
- Strong administrative skills and the ability to follow through on tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and empathy to form close relationships with grain growers and other stakeholders
- The ability to work in a virtual team environment and support many stakeholders from different physical locations
- Exposure to or working knowledge of a CRM and other computer packages such as Salesforce, email marketing systems, Microsoft office programs, Adobe etc.
- Exposure to web design tools such as WordPress and Sitecore
- Excellent organisational skills
- Tertiary qualifications in business/agriculture/IT/Communications would be highly regarded
- Knowledge of the agricultural sector and, in particular, the grain industry is desirable.
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be offered a competitive package.
About Emerald Grain:
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide predominantly across destinations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
Please send your cover letter and up to date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.