About the role
Emerald Grain has an exciting opportunity for right person to join our team at Ardlethan in a full time Leading Hand position.
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, you will assist with leading and directing employees and contractors at the site. You will also assist with the management of grain receivals, storage and the out-turning of grain at the Ardlethan site. This is a hands-on role. Your focus will be on the day-to-day operations at the site and guiding employees at harvest time to ensure that the policies and procedures are followed in relation to safety, quality, customer service, staffing and asset management.
- Ensuring all safety policies and procedures are followed
- Ensuring quality compliance procedures are followed and standards are maintained
- Assisting in the maintenance of equipment
- Assisting the Site Supervisor in training staff about site procedures
- Providing customer service to both internal and external customers
- Assisting in Stocktaking
- Following all stock storage principles and procedures
- Classifying grains and ensuring that the grains are stored and handled in accordance with standards and the company’s policies and procedures
- The Leading Hand needs to be able to assume the responsibilities of the Site Supervisor at various times during the year.
Essential skills and experience
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Similar experience gained within agriculture, industrial manufacturing, material handling, mining, or similar industry
- The ability to listen and learn from the team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills and the ability to complete tasks within a set time frame
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Sound computer skills including MS Office
- Strong approach to Safety and OH&S requirements
- Appreciation of quality standards
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
- Strong focus on customer service
- Mechanical aptitude
- A current drivers’ license is essential
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience and understanding of the grain industry including grain husbandry, hygiene, weed control and bunker tarp management
- Grain classification experience
- Licences/tickets in the following areas:
- Confined Space
- Fumigation Certificate
- Front End Loader
- Non-Slewing Crane Licence
- Working at Heights
- Chemical Users
- Medium rigid licence
- Higher truck licence
What we offer you
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be provided with an attractive remuneration package commensurate with their experience.
To apply for the position
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please forward us an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.