About the role:
Emerald Grain has several opportunities to join our team as a Field Officer over the harvest period. Field officers provide technical support and advice on grain quality at regional receival sites in Southern NSW and Northern Victoria and work closely with Site staff.
The main focus of the role of Field Officer will be on grain quality namely, grain classification, collecting and processing samples, identifying quality issues, raising non-conformances in systems and advising rectifications, assisting with the calibration of sampling equipment and conducting sample stand audits.
The successful candidates must be able to work 38 hours a week plus overtime, including working on weekends when required. The role also will require the incumbent to travel and work in country locations from approximately October to mid-December.
To be considered for this role, the following skills and experience are required:
- Strong approach to Safety
- Grain classification experience
- Experience working in the grain industry or similar manufacturing/materials handling environment, though we are open-minded to a range of experiences
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent team work skills and ‘can do’, flexible attitude
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated with a desire to learn skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Office
- Driver’s license
- Experience in a laboratory or other quality control setting would be highly regarded
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. The right candidate will be offered competitive rates.
About Emerald Grain
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide.
To apply for the position:
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Due to the requirements of the site, Emerald Grain does conduct random drug and alcohol testing and candidates will be required to complete a medical questionnaire and medical assessment if required.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.