About the role
Emerald Grain has and exciting opportunity for the right person to join our team at our Melbourne Port Terminal in West Melbourne in a full time Maintenance Electrician position.
Reporting to the Asset & Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the electrical maintenance of Emerald Grain’s new and existing assets and equipment at our Melbourne Port Terminal at West Melbourne. The work is varied and there will be the opportunity to provide input and feedback on the maintenance plan.
You will be responsible for:
- Undertaking planned and preventative electrical maintenance works with some minor capital works
- Inspecting all Electrical systems and equipment to identify hazards and defects to ensure compliance with Australian Standards
- Analysing, diagnosing and repairing faults in critical plant and equipment
- Working safely in accordance with Emerald Grain’s safety principles
- Assisting in the development, maintenance and use of safety systems within the maintenance department
- Registering work orders on the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Working closely with the maintenance team and supervising peers and contractors when needed.
- working with contractors and other external service providers and reviewing their performance and ensuring that effective relationships are maintained.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Current “A” Grade electrical licence
- Extensive experience with control systems – OMRON, UNITY PRO (Schnieder), Allen Bradley PLC’s
- Previous experience with Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Ability to read and understand both simple and complex electrical drawings
- Strong focus on Safety and OH&S requirements
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- The ability to self-manage and complete allocated work in a safe and efficient manner and to a high standard
- A current drivers’ license
- The ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experience and understanding of the Grain Industry
- An ability to work at heights and within confined spaces
- Cert IV in Electrical – Electronics and Control
- Experience with conveying and ship loading systems
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. . The right candidate will be offered competitive rates and benefits, free onsite parking and the opportunity to join a stable and loyal team.
We will provide the successful candidate with a uniform, all required PPE, an opportunity for ongoing training and certifications required to perform the job effectively and safely. Other benefits include a mobile phone, IPad and tools.
About Emerald Grain:
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide.
To apply for the position:
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please forward a current Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.