About the role
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be responsible for the supervision, direction and leadership of employees and contractors at the site. Your focus will be on the day-to-day supervision of employees to ensure the efficient and safe operations of the site and assisting the Site Manager with all the grain storage and handling processes and functions, including quality compliance. This is a hands-on role where you will be leading by example and training staff.
The Site Supervisor needs to be able to assume the responsibilities of Site Manager at various times during the year.
- Assist in staff recruitment, ensuring staff are suitably developed and upskilled by way of training and competency assessments.
- Provide customer service to both internal and external customers
- Assist the Site Manager to plan and manage all grain storage and handling functions and systems within the site, to minimise costs and maximise efficiency
- Ensure all stock storage principles and procedures are applied at all times
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed
- Maintain site equipment
- Classify grains and ensure that the grains are stored and handled in accordance with standards and the company’s policies and procedures
- Ensure Audit compliance with documentation completion and filing as required
- Oversee the maintenance of site presentation to meet Emerald Grain Quality Management Standards – Weed control, grain husbandry, equipment hygiene, tarp management
- Assist in maintaining a supportive, inclusive, high performance culture at the site
- Ensure grain stock accuracy in terms of quality and quantity are maintained at all times
- Lead, direct and adhere to stringent Safety, Health and Environment policies under which the Company operates
Essential Skills, experience and competencies
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively lead, motivate and inspire a team to achieve a high performance culture
- Ability to manage conflict and disputes
- Appreciation of quality standards
- Self-motivation with excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to develop strong and close working relationships with the Emerald team and clients/customers
- Understanding of Grain Husbandry
- Commercial and business acumen
- Strong focus on safety and customer service
- Mechanical aptitude
- A current drivers’ license is essential
- Must be capable of undertaking Rail Safety Access Training which includes a Category 3 Medical
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience and understanding of the grain industry including grain husbandry, hygiene, weed control and bunker tarp management.
- Licences/tickets in the following areas:
- Confined Space Entry
- Fumigation Certificate
- Non-Slewing Crane Licence
- Chemical Users
- Experience with stock management system
What we offer you
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be provided with an attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience.
To find out more about us visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.