About the role
Reporting to the Logistics Manager – Emerald North, you will be working as part of a team who are responsible for coordinating the logistics functions for the movement of grain in Queensland and Northern NSW. The primary responsibility for the role is to coordinate, plan and manage transport logistics for all physical contracts for purchases and sales of grain and ensure these movements are completed successfully.
You will assist management in maximising the effectiveness and efficiency of all Logistical Services (Logistics Support, Grower Payments, documentation etc.), through continual improvements to each function as well as maintaining communication between the logistics and trading functions within Emerald Grain North team
This is a maximum term contract of up to 6 months.
- Planning and executing the logistics to ensure all contractual obligations are met
- Reviewing customer deliveries.
- Maintaining freight rate information
- Recording and maintaining key customer data
- Accurately capturing all shipment data and processing dispatch paperwork
- Tracking and analysing Customer transportation and storage costs
- Identifying improvements to the logistics systems and procedures
- Improving the operation efficiency and effectiveness
- Participating and contributing to the Safety, Health & Environment initiatives
- Working with the Logistics Manager and Trading team to identify arbitrage trading opportunities
- Liaising with stakeholders and customers on a daily basis
Skills, experience and competencies:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous experience in a logistics role, preferably within the grain industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong focus on customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs and preferably, previous experience with Grainsmart
- Strong numeric skills
- Excellent organisational skills
About Emerald Grain
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It has major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
Salary & benefits
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture and flexible work practices. The right candidate will be provided with an attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience as well as free onsite parking and the opportunity to join a stable and loyal team.
To apply for the position:
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please click forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.