About the role
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, you will be working as part of a team who are responsible for coordinating, planning and managing transport logistics for the movement of grain throughout Australia. The role also encompasses the management of country logistics at Emerald Grain Sites. This is a customer facing & fast paced role within a small team so excellent customer service and communication skills are essential.
- Coordinating road logistics for domestic and export accumulation in a least cost method
- Ensuring all contracts are delivered in full and on time
- Working with a wide range of clients and providing excellent customer service
- Managing the logistics at a number of country-based sites
- Assisting with identifying improvements to the logistics processes and procedures
- Assisting with identifying arbitrage opportunities
- Working closely with Road & Rail Logistics Managers and Country Site Managers
- Reviewing customer deliveries.
- Maintaining freight rate information
- Recording and maintaining key customer data
- Tracking and analysing Customer transportation and storage costs
- Identifying improvements to the logistics systems and procedures
- Liaising with stakeholders and customers on a daily basis
Skills, experience and competencies:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous experience in a logistics role, preferably within the grain industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong focus on customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs and preferably, previous experience with Grainsmart
- Strong numeric skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work well in a team and build strong working relationships
- An understanding of the grain industry and willingness to learn
About Emerald Grain
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It has major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide.
Salary & benefits
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture and flexible work practices. The right candidate will be provided with an attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience and the opportunity to join a stable and loyal team.
To apply for the position:
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.