About the role:
Emerald Grain currently has opportunities for the right people to join our team at our Melbourne Port Terminal in West Melbourne in full time Terminal Operator positions.
We also have casual roles available.
Reporting to the Leading Hand, you will be rostered to work on a shift basis Monday to Friday on a day and night shift rotation and also on weekends when required. There is plenty of variety in the role with a range of broad operational tasks relating to the receival of grain, quality assurance testing and the loading of grain into containers and bulk vessels. Training will be provided.
You will need to demonstrate a flexible attitude with a strong focus on safety and teamwork. At times, you may be required to undertake some manual handling tasks. You will also be expected to do general housekeeping, complete paperwork and computer data entry.
During the Grain Harvest period (October and mid-December), the full-time Terminal operators may be required to work at our regional sites in Victorian and Southern NSW to perform Grain Quality Officer tasks. This is a great chance to learn more about the business and work with a broad variety of people. The tasks include collecting, testing grain and identifying grain quality issues on site. Training is provided and costs associated with the travel are paid by the company.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Strong approach to Safety
- Leadership skills
- High level of mechanical aptitude
- Excellent teamwork skills and a “can do”, flexible attitude
- Availability to work flexible hours
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated with a desire to learn skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer skills including MS Office
- Drivers’ license
The following skills and experience would be highly regarded but not essential:
- Experience working in the grain industry or similar manufacturing/materials handling environment, though we are open-minded to a range of experiences
- Grain classification or relevant quality assurance experience
- Control room operator/process plant operational experience
- Forklift license
- Medium rigid licence
- Authorised Officer for Australian Plant exports Certificate
- MSIC certification
- Confined Space training
- Working at heights and confined space tickets
- High risk licences including EWP, CN (non-slewing crane licence)
- Experience in a laboratory or other quality control setting
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We offer rewarding careers, a collaborative and inclusive culture and flexible work practices. The right candidate will be offered competitive rates and benefits, free onsite parking and the opportunity to join a stable and loyal team.
We will provide the successful candidate with a uniform, all required PPE, and opportunities for ongoing training and certifications required to perform your job effectively and safely. We also provide genuine growth opportunities for our people to take on more responsibility, allowing them to develop their career, if desired.
About Emerald Grain
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It has major grain storage and handling operations in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide.
To apply for the position:
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
As part of our recruitment process we require candidates to undertake a police check, full medical and a drug and alcohol test.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.