About the role
Reporting to the Export Contract and Documentation Manager, the team are responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate production of export contracts and shipping documentation for export container shipments, the effective administration and execution of export contracts. You will also be responsible for the timely receipt of payments of grain sales for all destinations, as well as process improvement initiatives as required. This is a customer facing role within a small team so excellent customer service and communication skills as well as strong attention to detail are essential.
- Liaising with customers, packing houses, bulk handlers, transport operators, container packers, laboratories, document agents, vessel agents, shipping lines, government bodies, banks and buyers
- Accepting vessel nominations
- Handling DCT, CFR, FCA and FOB shipments
- Executing grain exports and generating the necessary export documentation required under the contract including, but not limited to, Packing instructions, Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin, Phytosanitary certificates, Quality/laboratory analysis certificates etc.
- Executing grain exports under Letters of Credit
- Maintenance of records, including creating orders, tickets and settlements as required.
- Verifying invoices and invoice matching to allow for their payment
Skills, experience, competence:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- International trade finance and export documentation experience – Bills of Lading, Phytosanitary certificates, Certificates of Origin
- Understanding of the Australian Grain industry and grain growers
- Good understanding of bulk handling systems, vessel loading and container packing and shipments
- Experience in the bulk and container commodity export industry
- understanding of Asian business customers
- Strong administration experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team environment and build strong working relationships
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs and experience with SMARTsoft and Salesforce would be highly regarded.
- Tertiary qualifications in agriculture or business are desirable but not essential.
Salary & benefits
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture and flexible work practices. The right candidate will be provided with an attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience and the opportunity to join a stable and loyal team.
About Emerald Grain
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
Emerald Grain has a grain accumulation footprint in all key agricultural regions of Australia.. It is also one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria.
Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to destinations across Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific. Across Australia, Emerald exports grain to more than 35 countries worldwide.
To apply for the position:
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.