About the Role
We are seeking a talented and driven Treasury and Risk Analyst to step into a challenging but rewarding role in our Finance department. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for producing reliable, meaningful & timely risk reports for our Grain Trading Division. You will manage and administer our working capital debt facility and be accountable for maintaining and improving our short-term cash forecasting models. You will also build frameworks to monitor the compliance to our Commodity Risk Management policies.
The responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing daily and weekly risk reports
- Providing expertise in market risk assessment techniques
- Maintaining Emerald Grain’s VaR model, option and freight position reporting framework
- Developing and implementing processes to improve efficiency and accuracy of our risk reports.
- Managing the treasury, banking and cashflow for the business
- Assisting the CFO with the annual renegotiation, drafting and execution of banking facilities.
- Executing and maintaining foreign exchange hedging requirements for the business
- Managing the insurance renewal process and all insurance claims for the business.
You will have the following profile of skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce or finance
- Membership of a professional accounting organisation (e.g. CPA or ICCA) preferred
- Experience in working in a commodity-related industry in a middle office or trading role
- Experience in executing trades using bank FX hedging platforms
- Understanding of working capital debt structures and administration processes
- Working knowledge of derivative instruments including valuations, pricing, settlement mechanisms and accounting treatments
- Advanced Excel skills, including developing, maintaining understanding complex excel models used for forecasting
- Working knowledge of Risk management frameworks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop good working relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience in the grain industry would be highly regarded
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the centre of everything we do. We are committed to enhancing our high performing teams by developing a skilled workforce and encouraging diversity of thought, background and experience. As we believe this strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and the communities in which we operate.
We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be provided with the opportunity for development and an attractive remuneration package.
About Emerald Grain:
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide predominantly across destinations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please forward an up-to-date Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.