- 6 months Maximum Term position in the Grain industry
- Work close to home role – Geraldton, WA
- Assist with domestic sales and contracts for domestic and export customers
About Emerald Grain
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide predominantly across destinations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager WA, the Grain Marketing Officer supports the trading and storage side of our business by providing services across the entire Western Australian grower network. The role also assists in the execution of domestic sales and contract execution within Western Australia and assists with our export customer requirements.
The responsibilities include
- Being involved with contacting and scheduling grower deliveries to all required customer locations to ensure requirements are met with a high degree of accuracy
- Maintaining a high level of communication to growers at all times
- Developing and maintaining relationships with valued business partners
- Proactively collecting and collating information across all aspects of the farming process, crop productions, marketing intentions, selling pace, and Supply & Demand forecasts
- Visiting customers and attending industry events where required
- Marketing the business through the use of Emerald Grain’s digital tools such as Grain Mate, Marketing Cloud, Facebook, Twitter
- Conducting reconciliations across all platforms to ensure accurate execution and stock management
- Using and actively promote and encourage the use of Digital mediums, including Grain Mate with growers and industry bodies, keeping the WA team updated on all changes and planning
Essential Skills, experience and competencies
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Interest in the agricultural sector and in particular the grain industry
- Knowledge of digital marketing / communications practices
- Strong empathy for the farming and rural sector
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent telephone skills and be confident and service oriented
- The ability to form close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of a CRM such as Salesforce, content management systems, email marketing systems, and Microsoft Office
- Accurate data entry
- A current WA Driver’s licence is essential.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience and awareness in the grain industry and ideally tertiary qualifications in an Agricultural discipline
- Experience in a customer facing / contact centre role
- Experience in a digital marketing
What we offer you
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be provided with an attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience.
To find out more about us visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please click ‘APPLY NOW’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.