Emerald Grain has an exciting opportunity for right person to join our small team at our Elmore Grain Storage Site in a full-time role as a General Hand.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be part of a team who manages the Elmore site. The day-to-day operations include tasks associated with receival, storage and out-turning of grain. For much of the year it is a small team but during our Harvest period, the number of employees increases, and your role will also include supervising new employees by ensuring that policies and procedures, particularly in relation to safety, quality and asset management are followed.
- Ensuring all safety policies and procedures are followed
- Ensuring quality compliance procedures are followed and standards are maintained
- Assisting in the maintenance of equipment
- Performing all operational tasks for the receival and outturn of grain
- Performing pre-start inspections on equipment
- Operating equipment at site
- Weed Control
- Assisting in training staff about site procedures during Harvest
- Leading small teams during harvest period and during other periods as required.
Desired skills and experience:
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Similar experience gained within grain or another, dry bulk commodity, industrial manufacturing, material handling, mining, or similar industry.
- The ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Time management skills and the ability to complete tasks within a set time frame.
- Strong approach to Safety.
- Appreciation of quality standards.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude.
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Appreciation of quality standards.
- A current drivers’ license is essential.
Other skills and experiences that would be considered advantageous:
- Experience and understanding of the grain industry including grain husbandry, hygiene, weed control and bunker tarp management
- Grain classification experience
- Licences/tickets in the following areas:
- Confined Space
- Fumigation Certificate
- Non-Slewing Crane Licence
- Working at Heights
- Chemical Users
- Medium rigid licence
- Higher truck licence
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be provided with an attractive remuneration commensurate with experience, along with the opportunity for development and promotion.
About Emerald Grain
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide predominantly across destinations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
To find out more about us, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please click ‘APPLY NOW’ and forward us an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a general hand?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?