- 12-month Fixed Term Contract/ Full time position based at the Port of Melbourne
- Work in a dynamic environment
- Previous Experience in logistics, inventory planning, manufacturing, shipping or large scale dry bulk handling role is desirable
About the role
Reporting to the Terminal Planning Manager, this challenging and dynamic role is responsible for coordinating the receival of all grain products into the site and planning the storage of the grain in preparation for
the export. This role will require you to manage the cargo assembly plans into the terminal whilst ensuring storage utilisation is optimised and liaise with customers and their agents to ensure vessels are loaded within specification and without delay.
The role involves interacting with many customers, both internal and external and is part of a small team so excellent customer service, teamwork and communication skills are essential. It is a very busy role and involves managing many components within a complex supply chain so the successful candidate must have excellent organisational skills and a flexible approach. The incumbent will also be required to be available to take calls after hours to meet the operational requirements of the role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Formulating delivery plans for the accumulation of grain
- Developing and monitoring operational plans to ensure delivery plans are followed in the most efficient way
- Assisting with the onsite inventory management and planning of long term storage at the site
- Liaising with the Operations team to ensure staffing levels are sufficient to execute plans
- Maximising terminal bin storage for both bulk & containers
- Maximising rail utilisation into the port
- Monitoring shipping capacity
- Liaising with clients on accumulation strategies
- Monitoring grain quality for ensure it meets contract specifications
- Assisting other members of the Operations Planning Team
Essential skills, attributes, experiences and qualifications:
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Previous experience in logistics or shipping or a related role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills including MS Office
- Exceptional planning skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Customer focused attitude
- Strong approach to Safety
- Drivers’ license
- Flexible approach
- Strong work ethic
- Experience and understanding of the Grain Industry is desirable
What we offer you:
At Emerald Grain, our people are the heart of everything we do. We offer rewarding careers including opportunities to develop and move into other roles within the business. We also have a collaborative and inclusive culture and flexible work practices. The right candidate will be offered competitive rates and benefits, free onsite parking, and the opportunity to join a stable and loyal team.
We will pvide the successful candidate with a uniform, all required PPE, and opportunities for ongoing training and certifications required to perform your job effectively and safely. We also provide genuine growth opportunities for our people to take on more responsibility, allowing them to develop their career, if desired.
About Emerald Grain
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage, and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It has major grain storage and handling operations in South-Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald Grain’s terminal at the Port of Melbourne, ships to more than 35 countries worldwide.
To apply for the position:
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our recruitment process, we require candidates to undertake a police check, full medical and a drug and alcohol test.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.